Mindscapes Festival 2013
Find out more about Mindscapes and become our friend at https://www.facebook.com/mindscapesfestival or follow us #Mindscapes
The Mindscapes Mental Health Music and Arts Festival (Mindscapes Festival) is:
- Community events
- A collaboration between consumers, carers, services
- Aimed at strengthening social relationships within the community by providing a range of entertainment in a fun Atmosphere where all members of the family and community can participate in some way
- An opportunity to celebrate the capacity of people with mental illness to contribute to their community (especially via the Arts),
- A Mental Health Promotion activity
- A celebration of Mental Health week and World Mental Health Day
The Mindscapes Music and Arts Festival will include:
- Art and Photography Competition
- Poetry Performance
- National Short Film Festival
- Variety night
The aim of the Mindscapes Festival is to bring people with mental illness into the heart of four community events, at an individual level we aim to improve the general wellbeing of people living with a mental illness, at a broader community level we hope to increase public understanding of mental health issues and reduce the stigma surrounding what is a relatively common issue. Statistics suggest that one in five people living in Canberra will experience mental health issues at one or more times during their life (ABS).
The Mindscapes Festival has aims to promote the idea of mental illness being associated with community, joy and acceptance. It is a whole of community event, and centres on conveying serious messages about mental health in a fun and entertaining environment. One of the key messages is that of Recovery and the belief that people with a mental illness can and do recover and go on to live fulfilling lives despite their experience of mental illness.
- All Mindscapes Festival Events 2013
- Mindscapes Short Film Festival
- Mish Mash Variety night
- Welcome to the Mindscapes Art and Photography Competition for 2013!
All Mindscapes Festival Events 2013
Mindscapes Short Film Festival
Mish Mash Variety night
Welcome to the Mindscapes Art and Photography Competition for 2013!After the huge success of the competition over the last few years we are pleased to announce its return for 2013!
- Exhibition open to photography and art work of any medium
- Entries can be submitted to Belconnen Community Centre, Swanson Court, Belconnen.
- Open - anyone is able to enter into this category
- Consumer and Carers - Mental Health Consumers and their Carers can enter
- Student - High School, College or Tertiary Students can enter this category if they choose (student number & name of school is required to enter this category).