e-Learning Courses for Members
MHCC ACT has purchased a limited number of places in two e-Learning courses to develop the sector and support member organisations with mental health training.
- Capacit-e, developed by the Mental Health Coordinating Council of NSW (MHCC NSW)
- Shine, developed by the Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH).
MHCC ACT is making these courses available to our member organisations at $40.00 each, a discount of 67%.
Details on Capacit-e and Shine, and how to apply for these courses, are below.
The Capacit-e Mental Health Recovery Suite comprises three 30-45 minute self-paced modules, so it should take about two hours to complete them. They must be completed within one month of initial registration. Students receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
The three modules are:
- Understanding Mental Health Recovery. Key recovery concepts, myths and personal stories. Level: Introduction Duration: 30 mins
- Supporting Mental Health Recovery. How mental health recovery can be assisted by consumers, services, workers, carers and others. Level: Introduction Duration: 30-45 mins
- Language of Mental Health Recovery is an award winning module which explores how language is currently used in mental health and the broader community, and how it can be used to inspire hope, identify strengths, and put the person before the diagnosis. Level: All levels Duration: 30-45 mins
MHCC ACT has purchased 10 places in the Shine’ Mental Health e-Learning course as a trial, to evaluate this course with a view to making the course available more widely to our members in future. For the purposes of this trial, we are asking people to provide feedback and help improve our offerings.
The Shine Mental Health e-Learning course consists of eleven 20 minute self-paced modules, so it should take under four hours to complete them. They must all be completed within two months of initial registration. Students receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
The 11 modules cover:
- Mental health carers
- Children of parents with a mental illness
- Mental Health within the community
- Community inclusion
- National standards for mental health services
- Applying lived experience in mental health peer work
- Person-centred approach in mental health
- Understanding recovery
- Working with Aboriginal people
- Youth mental health
- Alcohol and other drugs co-occurring issues
How to apply for the Capacit-e or Shine e-Learning course
Applicants for this training must be MHCC ACT member organisations. You can join as a member today and apply for a course immediately. People eligible for this training include:
- Staff of our member organisations
- Volunteers of our member organisations
Member organisations can apply for a maximum of 10 places for Capacit-e, and for two places for Shine.