Time & Location
About the Event
The Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT (ATODA) will be hosting alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) information & harm reduction training in collaboration with the Mental Health Community Coalition of the ACT.
Expert ATOD trainer Annie Bleeker will provide a one-day training on ATOD information and harm reduction that has been adapted specifically for mental health workers and others who work with people who experience mental health issues.
The training has been conducted with various workforces in the ACT for over a decade and will improve the knowledge and confidence of participants in relation to contemporary ATOD information and harm reduction strategies.
The training will cover:
• Introduction to alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in the ACT and Australia
• Values and attitudes to people who use alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
• Drug policy approaches
• Data and trends
• Harm reduction information and strategies
• Brief orientation to the alcohol, tobacco and other drug sector, providing referrals, and alcohol, tobacco and other drug screening tools
• Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g. drug markets, consumption patterns and harm reduction strategies)
About the Trainer
Annie has extensive experience in the alcohol and other drugs sector and training with the allied health workforce. Annie’s unique skill is her ability to connect with and engage audiences from different countries, cultures and demographics. She has taught and facilitated workshops on a variety of topics all over Australia and internationally. For further information and full bio see: http://www.anniebleeker.com