Tue, 21 Sept | Online Workshop
Motivational interviewing introduction
Motivational Interviewing is a guiding style of communication that uses the principles and practices of person-centred counselling to evoke a conversation with a person about their personal motivation for change.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
21 Sept, 9:00 am
About the Event
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing is a one-day, online training course designed to develop the skills and technique of Motivational Interviewing communication.
What you will learn
- The principles underpinning Motivational Interviewing
- The spirit of Motivational Interviewing
- An understanding of motivation and ambivalence and exploring the stages of change
- Exploring Change Talk
- Introductions to O.A.R.S and Applied applications of Motivational Interviewing
- Introduction to self-care, and it’s benefits
This training is the first part of a two-part series.