Peer Work Panel Event
Time & Location
About the Event
Peer workers have personal experience of mental illness. This workforce is growing rapidly, with research showing it is key to embedding person-first, recovery-oriented and trauma informed mental health services. Hear directly from Peer Workers in the ACT as well as researchers and sector professionals on their perspectives and experiences of peer work.
Free but RSVPs essential. Questions must be submitted ahead of the event. You can submit your question here.
This event will be moderated by journalist, speaker and presenter Genevieve Jacobs!
- Irene Gallagher - Founder of Peer Work Matters & CEO of Being
- Jo McDougal - Teacher at CIT, RN, Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- Dr Michelle Banfield - Researcher with ANU Centre for Mental Health Research
- Ben Martin - Mental Health Peer Worker with the University of Canberra Hospital
- Kath Laffey - Peer Worker with the Woden Community Service
Find out more: email@example.com or call 02 6249 7756